Asthma Treatment in Appleton and the Fox Cities
Are You Coughing, Wheezing, or Short of Breath?
Fortunately, we are experts at treating asthma.
We have state-of-the-art testing methods and technology which enable us to accurately and objectively evaluate the symptoms and severity of asthma. These tools, along with our years of experience, help us assess and monitor your symptoms.
We Treat the Following Symptoms of Asthma:
– Chronic coughing
– Wheezing or whistling when you breathe
– Difficulty breathing
– Chest tightness
– Shortness of breath
– Excess mucus
– Sinusitis Nasal polyps Eczema (atopic dermatitis)
– Gastroesophageal reflux
Symptoms May Be Triggered By:
- Viral respiratory infections
- Exposure to pollen, mold, house-dust mite, cockroach, and animal dander, urine and saliva
- Exposure to workplace chemicals or allergens
- Environmental change resulting from moving or vacation
- Exposure to tobacco smoke, perfumes, hairsprays, air pollutants, vapors, gases, and aerosols
- Emotional expressions such as fear, anger, frustration, crying, and laughing
- Medications such as aspirin, beta-blockers, food additives, and preservatives
- Changes in weather, air pressure, humidity and cold air
- Menstrual period, pregnancy or thyroid disease
- Cold drinks
Is There a Pattern to the Symptoms?
– Sudden attacks or gradual worsening
– Any duration and frequency
– Nighttime vs. Daytime symptoms
– Only at certain places such as work, home or school